Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Knee Trembler ...

Here in the subtropics where I live we get a lot of storms. The latest storm blew up my broadband modem and because I live in rural Australia, these things take an eternity to fix. I could go on about how the government promised not to privatise Telstra until regional service was as good as the city or how rural Australians are the backbone of the country so Telstra gives us priority - but I won't. You know what I'm going to say, anyway. (BTW, at home I can only get dialup - supposed to be 56k, but I usually only get 28 - I don't bother with it anymore.)

This setback, added to my blogfucking (yes, Jock, it does leave a bad taste in one's mouth) and countered with an increased workload, a week long migraine and general bad humour that on one day was also shared by Jock and Vera, means that I have written nothing.

The headache is still simmering and my eyes are blurred today, but I am functioning, so I have decided to poke my head up and say hi.

I've been at work since 7am, but my wonderful boss is coming at 9 to take me out for the day. A few weekends ago, GTB and I baby sat her two children for the weekend so she could take her husband away for a dirty weekend to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary. So today is a thank you gift. It will involve shopping, eating and wine.

I will get around to posting some pictures soon, but for now this is it.

Glad to be back hugs ...

5 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

I am so happy you are back! Do you know how much I've missed you? More than I miss chocolate!

dmmgmfm said...

I guess that makes you my blogolate.

I should get some sleep, shouldn't I?

Carol said...

Laurie, go to bed! You need your rest. I'm glad to be back - it's been a frustrating few weeks for me!

Pink said...

err...whats a blogf*ck? maybe i don't want to know???

good to see you back
xx
pinks

dmmgmfm said...

You've been on my mind a lot lately. I hope you post again soon.

Hugs,
Laurie